New to Java? Looking for a way to learn the language but just don’t know how to start? Well, you’re in luck – the annual Java Confidence Course is just around the corner!
The Java Confidence Course (JCC), hosted by the NUS Students’ Computing Club, is an introductory Java workshop targeted at students looking to get a head start into the language. JCC also aims to act as a stepping stone to Java data structure modules e.g. CS1020 and CS2020.
Where and When:
- Date: 7 January 2017, Saturday
- Time: 1000-1300 or 1430-1730
- Location: COM1 Programming Lab 1, 2, 3, 4
Here’s a snippet of what you can expect from JCC:
- Recap of procedural programming (from CS1010 or equivalent)
- Introduction to Java syntax/API
- Introduction to abstract data-types and object-oriented programming, OOP (extremely important in data structure modules e.g. CS1020 and CS2020)
Things to do/bring:
- Laptop with charger (preferably, else you can use the computers in the labs)
- Matric Card (for registration and lab access)
The holidays are coming to an end – it’s time to tighten up those loose screws. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to brush up on your programming skills!
Sign-ups are now open @ http://tiny.cc/jcc
Sign-ups are based on a first-come, first-served basis. We were met with an overwhelming response last year, so be sure to secure your spot early this time!
With that, we look forward to seeing you at JCC!
Questions? Email them via [email protected]